Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Happy Spring!


It's official... happy Spring! 

I hope you are all doing well. I'm just popping in today to share a few images of early spring around our little farmstead. 

I'd been picturing a bistro table by the chicken coop for awhile now, and just recently set this one up. 
I'd love to add some pea gravel and lavender to this area...


And while we thought we brought home two female ducks, it turns out we have a male and female. Can you tell which is which? And will there be ducklings?


Each year for our anniversary (in the fall), my parents stay with our kids so my husband and I can have a night away. Not only do they make it a special time for our boys, but my mom also plants many, many daffodil bulbs. This year she even re-planted many of them after our dogs dug them up. Thanks Mom! :)


Our home's previous owner left us this sweet welcome sign...


There are still no leaves or blossoms on the trees yet, but the bright pops of spring color these flowers bring are a welcome sight after the cold winter...



Is it beginning to look like spring where you live? Do you have any gardening goals or dreams? I'd love to hear!

Thank you for stopping by today,
Xo

10 comments:

  1. Hi Julie, your yard looks beautiful. I love the table setting and your new ducks are too cute. Daffodils are my favourite and your's look stunning. Thank you for sharing. :) Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind words Julie! I hope you enjoy the rest of the first week of spring. :)

      Delete
  2. Awww how sweet Julie. Love seeing your sweet farm chicks and ducks. Just adorable.
    Love the little bistro table too. Happy Spring to you.
    xoxo
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kris! I hope you're enjoying the changing of the seasons where you live!

      Delete
  3. How lovely and just the posting we need with 14 inches of new snow : (

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uggh! Hang in there! Since posting this we got a couple more dustings of snow but it's sunny and snow-free now. Hope you thaw out soon!

      Delete
  4. I Love the ducks! Lucky for you for spring! We get a taste of warmth then snow (we are expecting 6-10inches in my area) We are a farm family so we are ready for SPRING! Bring on planting season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it warms up for you soon! Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from real farmers! :)

      Delete
  5. Love your photos, but especially the ones with your "babies" in them. The ducks & chicken are beautiful creatures.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.